Version 1.2 of the game brings more colors to the screen. Now the Copper chip is used to change the palette on every level. You will see more detailed skies, clouds, roads and other parts of the backgrounds. After changing this, I noticed a low frame rate when using my real Amiga 1200 accelerated with a Typhoon 1230 MKII so I had to spent some days checking the code and thinking how to reach 50 FPS again.
Download the game here
- Copper gradients used to improve all levels.
- Optimizations to keep the game running at 50FPS on a 030 Amiga.
- Color bars showing features of each vehicle in the menu screen.
- New text input in the menu. It is possible to introduce your name.
- Now the score board stores real player names if introduced at the beginning.
The following pictures show how the different levels have change after altering the palette using the Copper: